There are several reasons why you may have a fireplace leak in your Virginia home. Some of these reasons are:fireplace leak repair in Virginia by AMC911
- Chimneys without covers – Without a chimney cover, the rain will go straight through to your home.
- Cracks in chimney crown – A chimney crown is the cement surrounding the chimney top. Cracks in the chimney crown occur due to the shifting of the structure. Once there is a crack in the chimney crown, the water runs right through the crack.
- Flashing problems – The flashing is what keeps water from going into the place where the brick structure comes through the roof. If there is a large gap between the bricks and the roof water will pour through. Flashing is usually aluminum that goes in between the bricks and bends to go over the shingles. The flashing does not last forever. When it goes bad, water will leak into your home.
- Leaking bricks – Water easily passes through bricks. This causes water to seep into the home.
Fireplace leaks can cause a lot of water damage in your home. It can also cause you to have mold and mildew that will get into the air that you breath and cause you and your family health problems.
Let the professionals at AMC911 give you a free inspection of your fireplace leak and offer you the best solution for your repair needs.
Fireplace Leak Solutions in Virginia
AMC911 has several solutions for fireplace leaks.
- Firebox repair – The firebox is the brick area where you build your fire. If there are loose bricks and degraded mortar, this will cause leaks. AMC911 can rebuild the firebox with new bricks and mortar. This will restore the integrity of the firebox. A chimney cap can also be added to the firebox to prevent future damage from water.
- Mortar crown repair – Cracks or broken mortar crown should be repair immediately to avoid serious water damage. The mortar crown is the most crucial component of a chimney. When it is damaged, water will leak into the brick and cause the chimney to break and crumble. AMC911 will install a new mortar crown along with a chimney cap to keep water and animals out of the chimney.
- Damper repair – A damper closes the flue when you aren’t using the fireplace. Dampers can get damaged when exposed to heat. AMC911 will inspect your damper and repair it if it is damaged.
- Flue repair – If the flue cracks or breaks, it will cause heat, moisture and gases to escape and damage the interior of the chimney.
Let the professionals at AMC911 give you a free inspection and see what type of fireplace repair is needed for your leaky fireplace. We have the products and solutions to get your fireplace repaired and keep water out of your home.
We are a family owned and operated business that will give you the personalized service that you deserve. The company was founded in 1993 and we offer structural and waterproofing in the Virginia area. We will give you a no-cost-no-obligation inspection and estimate. Contact us today!