Common Water Problems in Virginia
Many homeowners in Virginia experience water problems in their home. If you have water seeping into your basement or foundation, it can cause a multitude of structural and health problems.
Water seepage can cause you to lose living space and permanently damage your personal belongings. Another issue that arises from water problems is the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause you and your family to have health and respiratory issues. Water problems also invite insects and pests to enter your home. It is important to have your water leaks taken care of right away before they get worse. Some of the most common water problems are:
- Flooded basements
- Damp and humid crawlspaces
- Standing water in the yard
- Leaky basement walls
- Fireplace leaks
- Ruined furniture
- Wet carpet
- Mold and mildew growth
- Musty odors
- Rotting wood
Don’t let water seepage take over your home. Atlas Master Companies offers professional solutions for any of your water problems in Virginia. We use only the best equipment in the industry, manufactured by the leader in basement waterproofing products: Earth Contact Products (ECP).
Waterproofing & Drainage Solutions in Virginia
Our company has a professional and experienced team of employees that specialize in basement waterproofing and surface drainage. With our many years of experience and top quality products from ECP, we can provide you with the best service in Northern Virginia and Hampton Roads. Let us help you protect your home and keep it safe and dry for years to come. AMC911 offers several expert solutions for water problems in Virginia, including:
- Surface Drainage/Water Collection – ECP™ provides storm water management solutions for every environment and need, leading to the development of superior quality drainage products for a wide variety of residential and non-residential applications. Product line includes a range of trench and channels drains, conventional drains, catch basins and grates; the well established Flo-Well and EZ Flow product ranges and water discharge emitters.
- Crack Injection Repair – Epoxy crack injection is known as concrete welding. The bond that epoxy creates becomes stronger than the basement walls themselves. Epoxy products also have the inherent ability to fill even the smallest of wall cracks. Low viscosity epoxies penetrate all the way through basement wall ruptures, ensuring a complete repair. Polyurethane crack repair has an unique advantage of epoxies repairs due to the fact that it remains flexible. If you experience slight foundation movements, polyurethanes will flex and still keep the crack sealed from water.
- Crawl Space Encapsulation – Crawl space vapor barriers are efficient in protecting your home against moisture, mold, radon and unwanted pests. Our crawl space encapsulation techniques will provide a clean storage environment in your crawlspace and increase the overall energy efficiency of your home.
- Interior Waterproofing – This system consists of a perforated drain pipe installed inside the perimeter of the footing. This requires removing and replacing concrete around the slab edge. By placing the drain pipe beneath the slab, it drains the area to a lower level. The drainage pipe connects to a sump pump system and drains water out of the home. Interior waterproofing systems are our most popular waterproofing solution.
- Exterior Waterproofing– Exterior waterproofing is extremely important as it stops water from collecting around the foundation where it can cause the most problems. Water can enter your basement through cracks and voids in your foundation, and even seep through the pours of the concrete over time. By installing an exterior waterproofing system, you will protect your home from structural damage, mold growth, and other hazards.
- Sump Pumps – ECP sump pumps are the very best in the industry. These sump pumps are the most energy efficient and can pump up to 5,000 gallons of water per hour. These sump pumps will pump the water away from the basement to keep your basement dry. The battery backup sump pumps will ensure that your sump pump will work even if you have a power outage.
We are family owned and operated business that has over two decades of experience, and we take pride in the fantastic reputation we have established among our clients. Contact us today to get started with your free estimate. We look forward to working with you!